Do not be caught unprepared
The basic items the human body needs to stay alive are important to keep on hand. You and your families life may depend on what supplies you have.
- WATER. Three days without water is life threatening. So how much water does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? For men is roughly about 13 cups (3 liters) of water daily. And for women is about 9 cups (2.2 liters) a day.
- FOOD. You can survive for days, even weeks without food, how ever this will be unpleasant. An average woman needs to eat about 2000 calories per day to maintain health and an average man needs 2500 calories to maintain health. However, this depends on numerous factors including activity level, currant health conditions, climate.
- SHELTER. If you can remain at your home during a disaster your all set, but if you need to leave you’ll need at least basic shelter such as a tent, a vehicle to sleep in or someone else house to head to.
- FIRST AID. It is important to have a well stocked first aid kit in times of an emergence, you may not be to get the help needed. Knowledge is key here, there are many books on first aid.
- COMMUNICATION. May be difficult during a natural or man made disaster, so how can we be ready to keep in touch with family, friends and receive news that will be critical to our survival.
- Personal Security is an issue of self preservation, and what you are willing and able to do in the even you are confronted with a life threatening situation.
- BUGGING OUT. Also known as an emergence evacuation, In case of a natural or man made disaster that forces you to leave home you will want to have a plan and the necessary items to survive. FEMA ADVISES HAVE 72 HOURS OF EMERGENCE SUPPLIES ON HAND, so we will start with a 72 hr bug out bag.